Fiber to the Home
Starting in the Fall of 2019 we will begin building Fiber to the Home to an estimated 1000 homes and businesses in Rock Port and Watson. The completion of the project is expected to be in the second quarter of 2021.
Fiber will provide customers with internet speeds 40 times faster than the previous fastest speed.
Check out the map below to see where we are currently building fiber.
Each section’s border is an estimation, if you live near a section border then you may actually fall into a different section. Our construction plan and the map are subject to change with time. Once construction is complete, there will be splicing and testing phases. Once these are completed we’ll begin contacting the eligible residents so that we can let them know that the new fiber service is now available.
** Each section's border is an estimation, if you live near a section border then you may actually fall into a different section. Our construction plan and the map are subject to change with time. Once construction is complete, there will be splicing and testing phases.
Fiber to the Home (or FTTH) is the most advanced communication system around. It’ll be relied upon worldwide for future technology.
Some features of a fiber network:
- It has a virtually unlimited bandwidth capacity
- There’s higher stability with fewer interruptions
- Less susceptible to corrosion or power surges
- Much more reliable
Fiber to the Home is a 100% fiber optic connection that goes directly to your home or business and can carry massive quantities of data for an enormous distance— and much faster too.
- A fiber network will increase the value of your home and/or business.
- According to a study in 2015 a home that has FTTH will have it’s value increaed by 3.1% and up to 7% for the ones with a gigabit connection. (see the study here – https://www.fiberbroadband.org/blog/study-shows-home-values-up-3.1-with-access-to-fiber)
- Communities with FTTH can potentially have increased economic development because of the advanced technology now available in the area
- Rural customers can have internet speeds that compete on a global scale in their business
In most cases the internal home wiring will remain the same for both digital TV and phone systems. When you are upgraded to our fiber service, we’ll construct a new fiber drop to your home. Once the drop is installed, we’ll use the existing inside wiring.
Prices will be very comparable to current pricing.
- Fiber is the fastest, and most flexible high-speed internet connection available
- Since it’s so stable and reliable you get the speed you pay for all of the time!
- No internet slowdowns (even during peak usage hours)
- Virtually unlimited bandwidth
- Better video experience (higher quality streaming video on all your devices)
- Clear voice communication
Check out our map above to see projected construction dates of each section
This is subject to change but if changes happen then we will update our map as they happen
Customers will be notified when we’re in their area to bury the “main line”
There will be a bit of a delay between our construction period and when we can start connecting our customers. The main line has to be tested after construction and prior to any customers getting connected.
But don’t worry – we’ll contact you again when we are ready to get started connecting your section.
A little history:
As a member cooperative which first started providing telecommunications service in this area in 1902, we have always strived to offer our customers comparable services to those in urban areas of the country.
Although our current copper network has allowed us to offer superior quality communication services for decades, copper networks are unable to provide the bandwidth necessary in the years to come. As more products and services become broadband dependent, we want our community to be prepared. The fiber facilities will enable so many exciting technologies like 1 Gigabit (1 Gbps or 1,000 Mbps) internet service, 4K TV, streaming video, advanced voice services, and many others. As your Cooperative, we want to be able to offer the fastest, most reliable, most capable, highest quality communication products available just about anywhere.